I am not sure pantone convinced me when it declared radiant orchid the color of the year, but sorry pantone you win this round!:D I picked up this orchid cashmere cardigan one brave evening when taupe/black/grey momentarily stopped appealing to me. It is such a soft fresh tone that perectly pops neutral palettes and is quite flattering if I may say so myself! It also is the perfect foil for the changing fall scene! :D Say what? PS: I am off to celebrate Diwali and will be back monday.. until then enjoy your week :)
I admit I haven’t been the best blogger but that’s because I have been too busy living maybe? ;) :D This week’s going to be a busy one too; which is just me telling you I am going to go missing again but I promise to make amends! Meanwhile here’s what I did.
2. Ate something called a Nitro Cream at Scrumptious! My tummy approves! ;)
5. Made lemon “sevai” – an indian steamed rice vermicelli dish with toasted peanuts and lots of seasoning! It’s so east to make and delicious to boot!
Have a wonderful week you all! Don’t forget that a good laugh recharges your battery ;) :D
It’s that time of the week to put on pants after 2 days of lounging around in pjs. :P I had an uneventful week but these 5 things made my week less boring if you will!? :)
1. Caught a dance show at the New York city center. Best move in a while! :) 2. I know I have a problem when there are too many pumps and no place in my shoe racks! 3. Borrowed from the husband! :) 4. I tried re creating the veg PHO from my favorite vietnamese take out and now I can save some money! :P 5. Introducing my new ultra blingy link bracelet! :DHave a wonderful week ahead! Shine on you crazy diamonds! :D
Nothing like a friday evening to write about something as depressing as acne but hey I had to do it sometime! :D I was one of those who enjoyed surprisingly clear skin through my teens and early twenties.. a break out here and there but nothing to lose sleep over! I was a happy camper …..until I hit 26. I was fully expecting to worry about things like silver strands of hair and deeper laugh lines as I aged( god I hate that word!)but what I wasn’t prepared for was an acne onslaught! I guess my body was compensating for lost time? I don’t know! :|
Seriously you’ll, the last 8 months have just been the pits! I suddenly started sprouting bunches of painful cystic acne on both cheeks that took months to heal and left my face looking like naan bread! I tried to wish it away but that did not work at all. It kept coming and coming – then the panic began. I was so scared to wake up every morning because I knew a few more of those suckers would have popped up! Urgh! :| Needless to say my confidence went right out the back door. ( I refused to wear any make up during this time because I wanted my skin to breathe or something? :P )
I spent most of my time and money slathering on products that promised to banish em zits! THEY WERE LYING!! I pored through reviews trying things that worked for others hoping it would be my answer too. When benzoyl peroxide, whining to my then boyfriend/ now husband and avoiding mirrors with a vengeance provided little relief I finally caved in and went to a derm. This mostly had to do with the fact that I was going to get married in 3 months! :P ( He put me on retin A which provided some relief but shedding like a reptile wasnt the most appealing!?)
After much trial and error I think I have finally managed to obtain semi clear skin with ocassional break outs that I can control so I think I can go ahead and dole out some tips to help anyone who’s drowning in a pool of acne inflicted sorrow! These are products that really worked for me BUT THEY ARE NO MEANS INTENDED TO REPLACE A DERM’S ADVICE! Acne could be caused by various things (mine were a by product of hormones going berserk) so it is okay to seek help if you can’t figure this out on your own.
Obviously my acne fighting arsenal isn’t ground breaking but here goes nothing :)
1. Tea Tree oil – This works wonders on white heads. When I feel one beginning to form, I simply dab some using a cotton bud onto the ZIT ONLY. The next day or even several hours later, the redness, painful swelling is gone and eventually the head dries and falls off( much to my satisfaction ) Undiluted tea tree oil can dry your skin and burn so please exercise caution! I bought this one
2. Sulphur Ointment – I find this very helpful with more deep rooted cystic pimples and blind pimples that don’t show up at the surface until much later. When I spot one of these are coming on.. I put a little on and cover it up with a bandaid overnight. It seems to heal acne faster and takes the pain away. Sulphur has a strong smell so you might want to save it for the night! This one really worked for me.
3. Mandelic Acid serum – I use this serum for daily maintainence. It helps regenerate your old skin by micro peeling and greatly aids with fading hyper pigmentation and spots. You have to start by using this maybe 3 times a week and progressively increase usage. Be sure to use sunscreen after! I love this one
Also be sure to moisturize well since most acne treatments can be drying. I use rose hip seed oil for the day and Mario Badescu’s seaweed cream for the night! Also patience is the most important weapon in your arsenal. It takes a while for your body to respond to treatment so give it sometime before you switch up your regimen if you don’t see results! I know acne can really take a toll on your self confidence but that’s what concealers are for! So chin up, get your arsenal ready, let’s win this one! :) Have a wonderful weekend!
O blazer why did I take forever to discover your presence and the fact that you can make even the most lazy of us polished and put together? Why did I think you looked good only on certain body types and let you gather dust in my closet? Now all of a sudden am wearing blazers with EVERYTHING! The last time I acted like this was when I discovered low sugar ketchup and I put it on everything!! :P Quick I need to makeup for all the lost time.. here’s an outfit.
I haven’t done a hi5 mondays post in a while but that is about to change now :) I usually despise mondays but I am still basking in all the good vibes from the great weekend I spent in Texas! :D Hope you’ll had a good monday(if that is even possible) ;) Here’s what my previous week looked like
2. A trip to the Houston Zoo which I enjoyed more than I thought I would.
Smile away and lets hope this week passes by real quick :)
Why am I not tiring of statement necklaces? Why does it have this hold over me that every time I see a cute piece in the store my palms get sweaty? What kind of sorcery is this? :P But the good thing is I can be a little lax about the outfit I choose to wear because the necklace does the work for me ;) So more power to it! Who’s with me on this? ;)
It is that time of the year where everyone’s selling boots… which can mean only one thing – Beautiful pumps which otherwise my purse wouldn’t be able to afford are suddenly up for grabs :P Yaay! So I am now a proud owner of BCBG pointed purple pumps! So that’s two things to be pumped about.. this and the weekend of course!:D Have a wonderful friday you’ll!