I love me some red…. the super saturated, bright kind! I own several red blouses, a couple of shoes… And yes if you haven’t noticed I wear a red lip every other day!;) So I am not sure what stopped me from wearing red pants …. until NOW! Sure it can make you look a teeny bit bigger( especially if you pick a cropped version like I did) than what you really are…. but why do you think wedges were made? Also yes… florals yet again B) Have a great weekend everyone!
Hello all you lovely people!,
If each day is a gift, I would like to know where to return monday! But since that doesn’t seem plausible, I’d rather get through it thinking of what a great week I had… here are somethings that made my week memorable!
1. Sue me but I am no fan of donuts! But I wolfed a dulce de leche churro donut from Tres Carnes in record time.. Yumm!! 2. Got a fancy watch which may or may not be an early birthday gift 3. Watched The Purge.. I enjoyed the premise of the movie; the theatre full of screaming kids.. not so much 4. Ever since the weather turned for good, I have been sincerely trying to go to the gym. Motivation!! 5. Went into food coma at My Thai. Their grub is the stuff dreams are made of! Have a great week folks!:)
Peach is such a flattering color irrespective of skin tone, not to mention pastels look very feminine and summer-ready! So I decided to wear a peachy orange for my next installment of my orange series and the results are here for you to see
PS: Don’t let the side braid and the flared skirt fool you into thinking I behave like a lady Happy Friday!
Anyone who thinks a strong pop of color can speak for itself? Because that’s exactly what I was thinking when I put together the 2nd outfit for this week’s orange series. Pairing an oversized blood orange silk blouse with black slim pants is as simple as it comes. Top it with ankle strap heels( see I told you I would make an effort), a neutral bag and a clean, makeup-free face, and you have yourself a refreshing, effortless look! Would you agree?
While most of us blog because we want to or like to, it is no mean feat thinking up relevant and entertaining posts to present to our audience. Infact I spend a good part of my daily commute wondering what to post the next day;) And it’s small gestures such as a like, comment or if you are lucky enough, an award that make you feel like your effort is justified:) Thank you Sarmistha of littlebookoffashion for being kind enough to give me the honor!:) She cooks up some fab stuff in her blog so I recommend you take a peek!
Of course with every award comes a set of rules
Thank the blogger who nominated you. Thanks again
Add the “One Lovely Blog Award” image to your post.
Share seven things about yourself.
1. I make up random words to signify random things.. and then expect people to understand when I use them
2. Prat is pretty sure I am bipolar:P which probably means I am.
3. I talk too loudly and animatedly and it can annoy the hell out of people who do not know me
4. I look different in every picture as you’ll must have realized and obviously in person it is yet another story
5. I can eat cereal for every meal( Hello school days!) if I have to.
6. I check my bank account online everyday.. Don’t ask me why
7. I have very good memory. I can remember random events quite vividly and talk about it and then see 3
Nominate seven other bloggers. There are several other great bloggers who I enjoy following but here are a handful in no specific order
- The temporarily dormant but permanently fabulous Kavya of kavyabasavraj
- The bravechica Ari who does a great job blogging about fashion, beauty and a bunch of other things!
- Stylish lady Anna of stylesalvation.wordpress.com who’s style of presenting the latest trends I really love!
- The super talented Kate of intothestratosphere who not only has a really cool blog but a really well curated etsy shop as well.
- thereversecommuter who’s posts are more entertaining than any book I can think of
- The fashion duo at thefashionglitter who manage to put together amazing looks
Inform the nominees by posting on their blog.
Congratulations to you all! Thanks again to Sarmistha as well as all you readers who support my little blog Happy day
Since my outfits are nothing to write home about I thought the least I could do was add a teeny challenge.. for you guys of course! Through the week your endurance will be tested while I do all my outfits in shades of orange…. starting now!! This ensemble could probably be filed under “yawn”… but I still wanted to share because this neck piece might just be the saving grace! Okay I promise , it’ll get better through the week. Have a great day! B)
I don’t know where the weekend went but monday is here already :/. Never mind .. we are in this together and will get through the week in one piece Until then let me reminisce a few things that made my previous week
1. Had a fabulous Nepali thali meal at Thakali Kitchen. I still can’t get over the puri! Delish! 2. Look who I met at our neighborhood grocery! I am a certified dog person but this cat was a sight to look at 3. While Trader Joes is my go to grocery destination, once in a while a trip to an indian grocery is warranted to stock up on all my spices and a million other things.. And I did just that 4. I love weekends, more so if I get to eat breakfast in bed. Cheesy omelet Prat style was one of this week’s highlights! 5. Bought a new vintage oval mirror that I didn’t really need but wanted for my room .
Have a wonderful week ahead !