While The MET gala celebrates Prada and Elsa Schiaparelli in their new exhibit, I thought why not make my own tribute(through a post of course) to M’me Prada and her signature 50’s vibe. Here are a few pointers to working the 50’s look.
1. Prints Charming – Wear some “look at me” dramatic prints – if you are brave enough try pairing clashing prints.
2. Get all tied up – Fashion a printed scarf into a tie/semi turban
3. I have my “eyes” on you – Get your hands on some wacky – in – a good way sunglasses in shapes that are too cool to be true.
4. Keep an eye on your hemlines, its all about the lady like full skirt and tea length dresses. Think Jason Wu.
5. Pay attention to your hair – pick a style that could range from Soft waves to super coiffed elaborate dos
Above all, pick no more than two/three of the above and keep the rest contemporary by adding elements of your own style(a la the lady in leather above), unless of course you are playing dress up 😛