This trend is probably one of the easier one’s for me to try simply because 1. I have taken a shine to slightly over sized easy pieces that don’t hug my body 2. I can wear it over a dress, a tank, pair it with shorts or pants – so obviously it is super versatile 3. They come in the prettiest summer patterns ever and can really punch up your outfit. 4. I find that they are very forgiving to love handles and such! 😛 I already have 2 pieces in my wardrobe I am waiting to wear.. now if only the rain stops! Anyone else aboard the kimono bandwagon? 😀
I am quite convinced mondays are punishment for the fun we’ve had over the weekends… bah! But anyways I am hoping this week goes by quickly. Meanwhile here are my top5 for the week that went by! 😀
1. A trip to dover street market that houses a bunch of eclectic decor and even more eclectic clothes! A must visit for every comme de garcon fan 😀
2. Dug into a tabouleh salad at Nanoosh.
3. I clearly went overboard during a bath and body works sale! 😛
4. Maxi dress time.. except I need to have a parka and a sweater depending on when it decides to get windy 😉
5. I finally caved in and bought a set of real techniques brushes in lieu of using my fingers. I already feel like a make up expert ( lol) ;D
Have a fabulous week ahead! Remember it might not be easy but it will be worth it 😉
The weather is no longer dreary but I somehow refuse to give up my heathered greys and oatmeals..there’s just something about the mellow worn in look to them that is so comforting! I probably have to just find a different way to wear them – like pairing a cosy textured knit piece with a shorter hemline( probably not as short :P) like this one… a perfect nod to the summer that’s on it’s way! 😀
Hope everyone had a good weekend/ easter!:D For a change I am not too displeased about it being a monday today! Maybe because I have some delicious leftovers from yesterday to look forward to 😛 Here’s a snap shot of my week.
1. Pastel nails for Easter.
2. Of course I am too lazy to make sure I add spinach to my smoothie everyday so I simply add a spoonful of this superfood mix! I was assuming it would be too hard to stomach but it was surprisingly pleasant 🙂 Good buy self!
3. Nothing announces good weather like summer rolls! All you need is a rice paper sheets( the perks of living in an asian neighborhood ;)) and your favorite veggies( I like a mix of cooked veggies topped with some fresh lettuce/carrots for some crunch) and a simple sauce to dunk into! So light and tasty!
4. I recently chanced upon this beauty brand – https://www.divastuff.com/ and I am quite possibly hooked. Their products are all natural, smell heavenly and seem to be working well so far. I already use their acne spot treatment & scar remover, eyelash conditioner, lip balm, and scrubbies.. and there’s a bunch of stuff siting in my shopping bag 😛
5. Finally I get to eat ice cream without people thinking am crazy 🙂
Have a wonderful week and go get some ice cream if you can 🙂
So much for being excited about spring when it actually snowed a bit last night! 😛 But the weather has got to turn some day soon and that day I will wear a pair of kicks like these and prance around. Of course I’ll be happy to have this Valentino if someone’s feeling generous…. if not these will have to do 😀
Hi & Hello People!
I realize am not a morning person but somehow monday mornings take it to a whole other level! 😛 I did have a long yet rewarding week which makes me hope this one will be half as good 🙂 Here’s what I did!
1. Spent a little of every evening and most of the weekend cleaning up my house.. arranging the shoe rock, detoxing my wardrobe, doing laundry, vacuuming down the house! Whew! 😀 This a great check list to follow.
2. I own two blushes and both are nyx… but a tarte one has been on my wishlist for a while and so I gave in and got this beautiful peach pink one – blissfu,l just in time for the better weather! While I absolutely love it..my mom thinks blushes are strictly for clowns! Le sigh! 😛
3. It’s Trench Time! 😀 Yay for the pleasant weather.
4. Made a warm bowl of cream of mushroom soup sans the cream. I used almond milk and a spoon of oatmeal flour instead and I didn’t miss the cream one bit! 😀
5. A long walk along 5th avenue with a pitstop at Bouchon for hot chocolate and a scone! The joys of people watching and window shopping 😀
Here’s wishing you all a wonderful week and lots of joy 😀
It isn’t anywhere near halloween so I am not sure what made me think I could walk around like human candy floss! 😉 But I did and it did not turn out half-bad;( except for some major side eye on the subway :P), granted I had a grey wool jacket to break up the head-to-toe color a bit! The fact that I chose different shades of pink also made it a little less “are-you-crazy?” Now the question is have any of you tried wearing the same color head to toe? Please don’t tell me I am alone! 😀
Happy monday everyone.. just kidding, mondays are never happy 😛 But let’s try to make it as bearable as we can!Meanwhile here’s a snapshot of the week that went by!
2. Picked up a book after ages! Candy crush is a bad bad way to spend time on the subway! 😛
4. All those acne creams have left my skin like dry sandpaper:| After a lot of research I bought this little tub of miracles! Doesn’t break you out, isn’t heavy and your skin just drinks it up! I am stocking up on this!:D
5. The weather looks promising enough to start wearing my hair in braids! I tried the braid in a braid style but I couldn’t take a picture of it so this should do! 😀
Have a lovely week ahead! Remember to be the best version of you 😀
Bleached ripped denims are a staple on both street as well as runway style but I do not have the nerve to try those at all.( I wonder why :P) But when I saw this washed-to-death skirt it was love at first sight! I agree this piece can easily be part of a more grungy look but when paired with a simple slouchy tee it doesn’t seem threatening at all! And props for the side pocket and the easy elastic waistband! My post lunch tummy is very happy 🙂 Have a happy weekend you’ll! 😀