Feeling green? Consider yourself ahead of the fashion curve;) Pantone just announced “EMERALD” to be the color of the season…. Little surprise there considering how much love we showered on mint over spring summer! 😀 I personally love the deep shade of green, it flatters most skin tones and hence I most certainly approve 🙂 which make me want to ask – would emerald be as much as an “it” color as last year’s pantone shade Tangerine? If the below pictures are any indication, it probably will 🙂
I might as well name this section Hi5 anyday! 😛 Moving on…. October is one of my favorite times of the year – the weather turns, halloween decor is up which means you can peer into people’s yards without being judged and the beginning of the holiday season. But this year …. lets just say I will wait for Corona to pass to I can social distance on my own terms 😛 Meanwhile the week that went by!
- Fall decor is up!
2. When you cant go out as much, bring the green in!
3. In another edition of things you dont need but want – Here’s our new fruit basket! 😀
4. We visited Dewberry farms this week. We were very skeptical as we had visited another farm two weeks ago only to turn back because the place was packed and people wore no masks. This farm was much better about enforcing masks and they were at lower capacity! Stay safe and wear a mask.
5. Its finally getting cooler, which means at home pho bowls!
Have a wonderful week! 😀
If you thought mondays were the worst, try having a birthday on monday where you are expected to show up at work 😐 Like turning a year older weren’t sucky enough! Anyyyywaaaayyy at least there’s cake??! ;P Here’s last week’s top five! 🙂
1. Joined a kickboxing class last week 😀 Is that a clap of thunder I hear? 😛 2. What happens when your supermarket has great deals on tofu dogs?? We make a boatload of veggie hash! 😀 3. I donated/threw a bunch of skincare/ make up stuff to the garbage gods! Finally I am happy to report that the mess is now not as bad! 😀 4. Whatever the green thumb is, it eludes me, the only plants that survive in my household are cactii lol but am going to try my luck with these african violets! 5. Not a burger person because frankly there’s one sad excuse of a veggie burger at most places but MY HOUSE burgers, sheepsheadbay had a really great black bean avacado burger!!! GOOOO! PS: I accept birthday presents in comments and likes! 😀 Have a superb weeek fellas!
Call me boring but when I buy tights I usually stick to black & grey, may be throw in an occasional navy or forest green but anything outside of this spectrum makes me think of Santa’s elves or the circus 😛 But sometimes I have this irrational fear that once I leave my 20’s behind I would magically turn into an old crone which would render me unfit for most of fashion’s supposed crazy choices! This was motivation enough for me to buy a pair of dark red ribbed tights and then spend a good half an hour scratching my head on how to wear it! 😛 Nothing ground breaking here but I paired it with a navy mini dress, a grey cardigan, my trusted wool jacket and a sun induced smiley frown 😉 What’s the craziest color of tights that you’ve bought and how long has it been asleep in your wardrobe? 😛
Hey you guys!
If there’s anything I hate more than monday mornings, It is sunday evenings! 😛 Anyway time to shake off those blues and take on this week. Meanwhile here are my top5 from last week!
1. Made my very own muesli bars because I was tired of shelling out $2/each for them at the store! 😛
3. Stationary shopping at AI friedmans! I bought a sketchbook and have told myself I am going to draw a little more often:)
4. Found this great way to store tiny earrings which I usually scarmble to find in the morning! I have a few EOS almost finished tins lying around..so this is motivation to finish those up 😉
5. Found a great vegetarian friendly gem tucked in a bustling times square street! Green symphony is a great place to grab a quick healthy bite!
Happy monday! Let’s all eat more chocolate 😉
We meet again! I hope this time you are nicer to me! If not I guess Ill just have to make do with wallowing in memories from the previous week 😛
1. Baked mini tofu veggie pot pies for the first time! They were so tasty I forgot to take pics and had to do it while eating midway 😉 2. Everyone has items in their wardrobe that they love but forget it’s existence and eventually when they rediscover them, they fall in love all over again! For me it’s these green converse kicks! 😀3. I need another lip balm as much as NY needs another snow storm!:P But I still bought a tin of my favorite Smith’s rosebud salve! Smells divine and does the job! 4. I walked into chipotle with the intention of ordering the usual veggie burrito bowl but I was pleasantly surprised to see they had introduced a new tofu item called Sofritas which I of course tried! It tastes great.. a tad salty by itself but with the bowl it gave it a nice kick! 5. I spent a good 30 mins shaping my nails and painting it a nearly nude pink but of course I ruined it before it dried and now you’ll have to make do with this picture which is version 2.0 of my now DESTROYED manicure! 😛 Rise and attack this week with enthusiasm! 🙂
Not only have I disappeared for a while but I have suddenly decided to write a food post because …eating is always “in” right? 😛 Jokes apart, I’ve been trying to eat cleaner and healthier( thanks in part to my stubborn love handles, and a fresh bout of adult acne :/) and have consciously been trying to incorporate them into my diet to counteract several years of sugar and junk food abuse ;). The last few weeks have been all about the below…. in addition to plenty of fresh veggies,fruits and water( and bites of dark chocolate when I see a mood swing coming :P)!
1. Flax: A spoon of these little buggers in my cereal / yogurt and tadaaa.. I’ve gotten fiber and much needed omega 3 🙂 2. Kale/ spinach: As a former hater of all things green, I’ve taken a shine to these greens packed with all sorts of goodness, thanks in part to some really great recipes floating around the internet.3. Nuts: No brainer.. great for snacking, lots of essential fats and when if they are activated, even better 😀 4. Chia: I’ve swapped my daily after-dinner dessert with Chia pudding. While chia can be expensive, it more than makes up by being a super food full of oxidants, fiber and keeps you full 😀 5. Seaweed: The first time I ate a sheet of Nori, I literally gagged… but it really does grow on you. Living in an asian neighborhood helps, I buy fresh kelp and just throw it into a soup or a salad. Anything for some folic acid 😛 While it is a task to consciously put the right stuff into your body , I am hoping it pays off and I can soon do a post with pictures of me all fresh faced and dewy 😛 I am hoping I keep at this.. wait.. what.. do I smell a pizza? 😛
Monday Again! I have nothing to say except try and get through the day as soon as possible. Thank god I did some fun things over the previous week to keep me going through this one 😀
1. Shared a pie at Lombardi’s. No regrets! 😀 2. Love this shade of emerald green nail pant from Zoya… Hello pantone.. Yes it is your color of the season 😀 3. After almost 3 years of living in New York the state now recognizes me! 😀 For reals! 😛 4. I am all about salads.. NOT! But trying to eat cleaner means trying new stuff so pardon me while I brag about this yummy Mung bean salad I made. 5. Dang those nasty little bits of fluff that sprout all over your favorite sweater! I shall now have the pleasure of nixing you pills right off with this little gadget I snagged. Common I know you need it too. 😀Wherever you are be all there! Happy week! 😀
Hello all you lovely people,
Hows it going? I literally had to drag myself from bed to get ready for the week! An extra day would have been perfect don’t you think? 🙂 Fat chance though! Anyway here are the top 5 things I did last week.
1. I thought this day would never come.. but yes I tried a green juice for the first time :O( I usually quitely laugh at people who advocate these kinds of super healthy foods) with kale, spinach, parsley, celery, cucumber and green apples. Though it did taste a little funny initally, it grows on you! I think am going to try to make this part of my routine.. and yes Prat is the one who is doing the quite laughter routine now 😛 2. Bought my first epilator ever! Heading to the beauty salon when all I want to do is laze around has been a not-so-recent problem of mine. So I am hoping this epilady can help justify my laziness 😛 3. I religiously eat at the neighbourhood middle eastern take out.. and would be sad to not go there anymore.. but nevertheless am quite proud to say I can whip up a mean batch of home made falafels from this recipe here 🙂4. I am a sci-fi lover and it doesn’t get better than this. I am halfway through the book and as much as I liked the movie it can’t hold a candle to the original. 🙂5. If you are anything like me and have to buy hair bands every month because you dont know what you did with the ones you had already, this DIY would be a lifesaver! 😛 Trust me when I tell you it saves me 5 whole minutes every morning 🙂 Here’s wishing you all a super week! Let’s hope it goes in a blink! 🙂