I have only semi-recovered from the election circus… let’s not even talk about the repercussions; all I know is I just cannot deal with the possibility of packing right now( and heading home). Getting out in half-decent clothes is too much of a task, so here’s one from a while back when we were at galveston and FAR AWAY FROM THE ELECTION… ! :D:|
For part 2 of Hi5 Mondays, I am simply going to let these pictures do the talking and keep it brief! HAPPY HALLOWEEN EARTHLINGS!! 🙂
We spent some time decorating our home for the occasion! 😀 Played with make up that literally looked like a paint palette! Zombified ourselves for the Montrose Crawl! He was a zombie chef and I was a zombie child:P if it wasn’t obvious enough. And finally all the candy eating and giving 😛 The constant line of kids trick or treating completed the day! Now I shall go back to counting down to the next fun holiday! Have a wonderful week! 😀
I seldom post on a sunday because am too busy warding off monday blues 😛 , but this week was different. I was in such an upbeat mood the entire time awaiting the weekend for Deepavali (one of my favorite festivals of all time) + halloween( which I refuse to outgrow)! In fact I did so many things over the week it simply wasn’t enough to cram it all in one post:D So here’s part 1 of Diwalloween and part 2 to follow tomorrow.
- The new clothes( Courtesy: 2 sets of parents from home)made up for the lack of crackers( barely though). Good news is I can still wear a sari without becoming a human pretzel! 😛 2. This was the first time I tried making all these indian goodies so I started earlier this week to make sure I had enough time. Big mistake…. We polished off most of the snacks and I had to make some more this weekend 😉 NOM NOM NOM! 3. Deepavali literally translates to festival of lights…. so we decided now was a good time to put up lights on our patio. 4. We visited the temple after a while! This picture could have literally been in Chennai and no one would know! 😀 I misss hommmeeeeee5. More food!?? Went all out with my Diwali breakfast spread and skipped lunch! NOW IF THAT ISNT THE WAY TO LIVE!?? 😀HAPPY DEEPAVALI/ DIWALI EVERYONE! 😀 Hide your weighing scaleeesssss!! 🙂
When a little black dress is too mainstream, this is what you need – black, sleek and all legs 😀 A flattering jumpsuit was an oxymoron until I met this one. Just add some XL sized fringe earrings, swipe on some nars jungle red …. the night is young! ( Let’s not think about the fact that it is a monday alright!) 😀
I spent most of our previous week in New York on my feet, enjoying the amazing weather while working, imagine that 😛 ! After having lived there for over 4 years it was weird being a one of the million tourists jostling along the side walk but hey no complaints! 🙂 Here’s my top 5 from NYC!
- Was fun recreating my old NY 150 sq ft living situation by staying at this pod at Yotel, but in Manhattan so I guess I traded up ? 😛 2. Hanging out at the beach like good ol’ times! 😀 We also went back to the brooklyn bridge and a bunch of other places around the city! 3. Went to a jazz performance at Smalls! Highly recommended! 4. There are some places we don’t have around in Houston which we dearly miss and MUJI is one of them! 5. All the foooood – from the halal cart falafels, cheese fries at shake shack, a slice from artichocke, cold vermicelli bowl at Saigon Shack…. I guess I over compensated for all the walking! 😀Have a wonderful week!
Been a while since I hi5ed! So this week’s edition is going to be a little all over the place so please bear with me! 🙂 I want to wish all my Indian readers a happy Navarathri. This was one of my favorite times of the year back home – arranging and creating elaborate scenes featuring my favorite dolls and insisting that the string lights be on all day, much to my mom’s annoyance 😉
Due to lack of space, dolls and patience I was unable to do this for the last few years but since I don’t have any of the above excuses now I TRIED this time. Next year we will be more prepared with a legit padi as opposed to a bookshelf 😛2. Obviously this also means dressing the part!3. Went on a 4 day trip to New York on work for a show at the Javits! How does a place change so much in a few months? You tell me! 4. Took a drive into the natural bridge wildlife ranch. Among other things we took a video of a zebra slobbering all over our car window but obviously you get to see this quite guy instead 😀5. Kuzhipaniyarams are so easy to make, provided you have the pan. Now I do! 😛Have a wonderful week! Eat well my friends 🙂
I found this floral dress on a rack at H&M some place and liked the fact that some designer had thought to put 2 pleats below the waist to accommodate a burrito belly! 😛 Its not the most flattering dress per say but the fact that you don’t need to wear spanx or have a salad for lunch makes me really warm up to it! I may have gone a little over board with the earrings but but but YOLO or something?! 😀 Happy Fringed Floral Friday Folks!
Three day weekend! You think I’d be refreshed and ready to take on the week… WRONG I am homesick and want to go see my parents but winning the lottery is more likely to happen at this point 😛 Here’s how I slayeeeedd the weeek!
- We had an indian festival on monday called ganesh chaturthi and yours truly tried to be ambitious and cook a spread!
- Some Texas drivers apparently serve road rage with a side of douche!
- Best mexican food this side of town at Cafe Chavez!
- Pre halloween meet with the coven! But seriously how is it halloween already?? What did I do this year apart from nothing??
- I put this on everything!!! The beginning and end of surviving the summer. Enjoy whats left of the week and while I enjoy whats left of the cake in the refrigerator 😀 😛