I have been going on and on about the virtues of white over my last few posts. But to reiterate – My wardrobe-villain-turned-best friend is all that I wear now, thanks to the Houston heat! 🙂 Here’s a post featuring an oversized white crochet sleeved tee, paired with dark jeans and my favorite birthday present 😀 Stay cool, Stay silly! 😀
Obviously it was a happy monday for me 🙂 Pretty sure Ill start the whining tomorrow 😛 Here’s what my week looked like!
- Caught up with my brother after 6 months! A long weekend was just what we needed. 2. Took a day trip to Galveston. It was sweltering but totally worth it 🙂 3. Started swimming to help with my knee. The last time I did it was 10 and I remember sucking less 😛 4. The husband played chef and made Biryani. I could get used to this. 😛 5. Finally watched conjuring 2. This was taken before the movie began;You can imagine what I looked like after 😛 Have a fantastic week ahead. Think Less Live More!! 😀
Prat and I managed a coup of sorts when we matched our “holiday” schedules at our respective jobs and managed to take off to New Orleans( WE’VE BEEN WANTING TO GO FOREVER) on a mini holiday last week! 😀 We winged the whole trip (courtesy: google) – In fact, we didn’t even have hotel reservations until we actually needed to find a place to sleep :P… ….sometimes impulsive decisions are the best decisions!! Here’s my top 5 from the big easy vacation 🙂
1.THE ARCHITECTURE & HISTORY – You can spend hours in the french quarter looking at houses and wondering how each one looks so unique. Totally charming and the best part – you can walk everywhere! ( If you dont pass out from the heat) 2. FOOD – As vegetarians, I thought we’d hit a wall here but I was wrong. From vegetarian gumbo,jambalaya, to po boys, beignets and tofu dogs, we ate some of the best food here. I would recommend Seed, El Gato Negro, Jimmy Js and a customary visit to Cafe Du Monde!3. MUSIC, THE FESTIVITIES THE SPIRIT! Every bar on frenchman street plays great jazz and there are musicians/artists on most corners of the french quarter! The trees along the streets are choc full of Mardi Gras beads from all the million parades that happen every year! 4. THE GATORS. A swamp tour to see these guys up close is just what we needed! 5. Finally, In the true spirit of Mardi Gras, I will leave you’ll with this! 😛 Have a wonderful week everyone! 😀
Today is a multiple cups of coffee kind of a day for me 😛 A great way to get through today would be to look back on some fun things I did the last week. So lets Hi5 away!!
- What happens when your fridge has some diary products close to their expiry date? You whip up a corn au gratin! 2. Potted these for Prat’s office desk 🙂3. Test riding a bike and looking like a mini – human while at it 😛 4. Batman Vs Superman – best thing about the movie? Gal Gadot! 5. Ethiopian food at Addis Ababa! Eating with your hands just makes it so much better 🙂 Have a wonderful week ahead. THIS TOO SHALL PASS 😀
Spring is here( and so is pollen) ! 😀 We spent yesterday deep cleaning the house and rewarding ourselves with some much-needed take out 🙂 In other matters, since I post once a week, I decided that not all of it has to be Hi5 Mondays.. so we’ll have Hi5 Mondays every other week interspersed with a style / other post so all of us are entertained enough 😛 If you want to see anything else, please let me know in the comments. Onto the week that went by 🙂
- Egg drop soup for those chilly evenings( yes believe me when I say it does get chilly sometimes here :P)
- Practicing my hair styling skills on the husband! Soon Ill be trying crazy braids B)
- Now that we have out door furnitrue, good weather means taking your work outdoors and making the most of it 😀
- Who buys a bar cart when they haven’t bought a couch or a table yet? The P family – purveyor of stuff that looks fine but not really necessary 😛
- Anyone else doing the whole spring cleaning thing in their free time instead of watching tv and chilling might find this list helpful 🙂Have a wonderful week ahead. Breathe 🙂
Hope all of your survived your monday, got done with your tuesday, chop – chop-ed your wednesday and breezed through today. An ear infection has been messing with my blogging but I decided I shall not be deterred this week. Here’s my Hi5 from the previous one 😀
- Prat sent me a recipe for sweet paratha stuffed with almonds, brown sugar and cinnamon. Talk about subtle hints and I managed to get them right the first time 😀
- Got around to semi – arranging the pantry. MORE SPACE.. MORE FOOD!3. This happened! 😛 4. My newest found pass time. Doodling on the sketches app on my ipad. It is such a great way to unwind 😀 5. Had this amazing grilled paneer bowl at Pirees. So satiating! One more day until we get to do nothing! MAKE THE MOST OF IT 🙂
Happy monday you guys! 🙂
I am sure it isn’t easy dragging yourself to work after a weekend, much less a valentine’s day weekend so pat yourself on the back for that. Me, I am at Vegas on work so I guess I deserve a double pat? 😛 Anyway here’s what happened with the week that went by!
- My blog turned 4! 🙂 I know I have been so erratic lately but this is such a big achievement for someone who has the attention span of a kid in a to store so I am glad I kept up 🙂 2. In case you were wondering what we were upto for V day. I wore this sweatshirt, headed to lunch with Prat and then to the airport 😛 3. Making pizza at home is a great bonding activity you guys! 🙂 3. My broccoli plant is doing its own thing 🙂 I am so excited to see how this will turn out. 4. Went to Anthropologie and Prat suddenly thought we should pick up these candles! So now we are officially candle connoisseurs 😛 5. A sedentary lifestyle and a work from home job is not the best combination when you have a well stocked pantry 😛 So I finally got on the fitness tracker bandwagon thanks to a gift from Prat! This feels weirdly good and obsessive B)
Have a wonderful week. Stay warm/chill. YOU DO YOU ! 🙂
Remember I kept telling you I was swamped with everything going on and couldn’t write as much as I’d like and all of you thought I was making it up? 😛 Turns out I was busy packing the past five years of my life into little suitcases to be hauled and taken across the the country to Texas! Thats right.. I am not going to be chasing yellow cabs anymore! ( Sigh!) 😦I spent the major portion of my 20s in New York. The opportunity to be at the center of it all, so to speak was life changing. It has taught me to adult – to function as a self sufficient unit, to be brave and push myself to reach where I never thought possible, to make $10 meals, manage my money and to shovel my own snow 😛 But all these come at a price – you also get cynical, numb, unfeeling and a little bit of a bitter meanie in the process. A bit of a broke meanie too 😛 So maybe I am getting out just in time? I know I sound a little too cheerful for someone who just left the only home I’ve known in the US but now I get to live in a house that has it’s own laundry :P( Ah! The first taste of the american dream ;)) Really though, I will continue to travel to NYC on work all the time so there’s no sad good byes really!
There’s going to be highs and lows as I transition but I really look forward to this journey 🙂 I hope you’ll will continue to read and support me as usual. Have a wonderful week 😀
PS: Here are a few images from my 1st year in NYC for your eyes only 🙂
No that wasn’t a typo:) I spent most of the previous week in Chicago and hence the chi5 😀 I spent most of my monday trying to remember that the holiday season is still a week few weeks away and hence the tuesday post 😛 I really enjoyed Chicago, it was like a colder, cleaner New York but I must admit I like NY a wee bit more! 😉 Here’s what I did last week
1. Wore my shoes down walking through the field museum, art institute, shedd aquarium and the museum of science! So much to see, so little time! 😛 2. The gorgeous views complete with the lake that looks like a beach! 3. All zee food that was eaten! Sorry deep dish, brooklyn style pizza does it for me! 😛 4. I didn’t have to spend any time dressing up, it was puffer day all day everyday 😛 Mitts and earmuffs optional depending on the time of the day 😀5. Bonus: Souvenirsssssss! One at every tourist trap 😉 Heres one from a photobooth 😛 🙂
- Tried my hand at making kati rolls( The skinny indian burrito). Turned out to be surprisingly tasty and filling! 🙂
- My mom sent me this picture last week and now I want to see my brother! 😐
- How did I not know there were exfoliating cotton rounds? My nose is thanking me 😀
- Just started on this one! Typical King gore! 🙂
- Had this amazing salad at Kobeyaki! Even the biggest tofu hater would eat this stuff by the pound! :OEnjoy your week! Wish all my indian readers a very happy DIWALI 😀 Send me some sweets someone 😛