I have only semi-recovered from the election circus… let’s not even talk about the repercussions; all I know is I just cannot deal with the possibility of packing right now( and heading home). Getting out in half-decent clothes is too much of a task, so here’s one from a while back when we were at galveston and FAR AWAY FROM THE ELECTION… ! :D:|
I spent most of our previous week in New York on my feet, enjoying the amazing weather while working, imagine that 😛 ! After having lived there for over 4 years it was weird being a one of the million tourists jostling along the side walk but hey no complaints! 🙂 Here’s my top 5 from NYC!
- Was fun recreating my old NY 150 sq ft living situation by staying at this pod at Yotel, but in Manhattan so I guess I traded up ? 😛 2. Hanging out at the beach like good ol’ times! 😀 We also went back to the brooklyn bridge and a bunch of other places around the city! 3. Went to a jazz performance at Smalls! Highly recommended! 4. There are some places we don’t have around in Houston which we dearly miss and MUJI is one of them! 5. All the foooood – from the halal cart falafels, cheese fries at shake shack, a slice from artichocke, cold vermicelli bowl at Saigon Shack…. I guess I over compensated for all the walking! 😀Have a wonderful week!
I am tired of endless cups of hot tea and trying to not step on muddy puddles on the side walk. I am also tired of being bundled up in a million layers only to discover the heating in my office beats sub saharan temperatures!:P In short while I am aboard ” the snow is magical” train, I am longing for some sunshine and the joy that comes with dipping your toes in sea water that is not frigid! 🙂 So I thought of giving all my coat and winter posts a break and put up these images from my trip in Galveston – abundance of sunshine, warm water and the boardwalk to boot! I could use a holiday just about now 😀
How’s everyone doing today? I am clearly spoilt after the long holiday – it took me 3 cups of green tea and a bar of chocolate to clear my head and get back to work mode, only to feel semi-awake post lunch 😛 I am hoping the rest of you are having better luck with monday! Meanwhile here are my favorite things from last week 🙂
1. Traipsed around in Galveston. Take that chilly New York 😛2. Halloween is round the corner. We decorated our car because decorating your house is too mainstream? 😛3. It’s not often that I wear a pottu( which is a traditional mark that indians wear on their forehead) but when I do I try to make it count!:) 4. I think I outdid myself as far as binging went! I discovered waffle fries at Chick-fil-A! 😀5. Time for a new pair of boots! 😀 Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life! Have a super week! 😉
No dress list is complete without a striped one! I remember the time I used to shy away from wearing stripes of any kind.. but in hindsight that was just plain silly! To have an easy knit dress(that screams nautical) that is perfect for your summery days and can still look great transitioning into fall is a no brainer don’t you think?:)
Hello Hi Howdy!
How’s everyone doing?:) We had a three day weekend(yaay) here in the US and hence the absence( as expected). Also what I would give for every weekend to be a three day one 😛 Okay.. I know it is a stretch but one can always wish! Here’s what I ended up doing with my week:D
1. Went to Century 21. Bought nothing but of course tried on everything 😛 Here’s Prat working his way into a Ralph lauren trench! 2. Memorial Day weekend and a visit to the beach are a cliché but who cares? I love the beach! 🙂3. I was wrong when I thought healthy food can’t taste good… Had this delish middle eastern platter at Quantum Leap. *Licks fingers*4. Was trying to arrange all of my baubles in a box and failed terribly! It was a mess after exactly a minute 😛 5. Met my bro for 2 micro seconds owing to his transit flight being out of JFK. But WTH we made it count 😉 Have a wonderful week and keep the smiles coming! 😀
I blink and the weekend is gone! Somehow it never seems to apply to the rest of the week :P. But I had a fun week where I did all of the below and more 🙂
1. I swear by Quinoa but Prat runs at the sound of it. I don’t blame him; it isn’t the most appetizing thing to hear but try it as a Quinoa corn soup like I did! Home run:)2. Bought a new blender just in time for ’em summer time shakes and smoothies 😉 3. Finally the beach is inhabitable( barely though) once again with the weather getting better! 🙂 Also those shoes are totally sand inappropriate but they lived 🙂 4. I was always under the impression that Nepali food would taste like Indian food. Well I found out at Cafe Himalaya! It does and it doesn’t 🙂5. I saw this last week on pinterest and wanted to try it. But of course I was “busyy”. I NEED to try this out this weekend as soon as I run out of excuses to laze around doing nothing 😛Happy eventful week ahead 🙂
Okay the title was a trifle dramatic but what’s life without drama? 🙂 I mentioned to you in my previous post that my extended leave of absence from my blog was caused by the storm. For those of you who survived it – well deserved applause and for those who read about it and want to know a first hand account what went on here in New York city, please read on. While the week was terrible, especially considering several people lost their lives, looking back I can’t help but think of how the week panned out in a lighter vein!:)1. “CALM BEFORE THE STORM” Prompted by a streak of bravado , bf(I am sick of calling him bf, he shall henceforth be known as Prat :P) and I decided to “survey” the beaches before the impending storm – and yes believe me, the adage “calm before the storm” is no joke 😀2. “IT CAN’T BE THAT BAD” MONDAY Along came monday – the day of the storm and it seemed like any other day if you chose to ignore the howling winds and the rattling window panes.. I had an endless stream of horror movies on TV and comforting calories(read: home made banana bread) at arm’s length.. perrfeccct day… until the electricity died on me! For a while I was confident power would be back( This was NYC for god’s sake!).. No luck there..So I went to bed hoping the next day would be “normal”.3. “CARNAGE ALL AROUND” TUESDAY Woke up, flicked on switches.. no power yet. No biggie- where I come from, power failures are an everyday occurence so I tried to cheer myself up by going out for a walk. Bad idea.. The streets were a wreck.. felled trees, leaves everywhere and several stores looked like they had been looted – by nature or man I will never know, and the smell of sea was rampant in the air – not pleasant. Anyway I managed tuesday alright:/4. ” CANDLE LIGHT ” WEDNESDAY( Actually all days :P) Still no power, no transport,no phones too( little surprise there) and now I was slightly starting to worry about the contents of my refrigerator among other things. I even tried heating my food on candle flame but err.. that didn’t work.. I stocked up on junk, promptly bought some candles and created an imaginary scenario of being in the midst of indian festivity. Candle-lit dinners will never be the same for me! 🙂5. “APOCALYPSE” THURSDAY By thursay the resourceful NY buses were running albeit on limited routes and being at home was turning my brains into mush. I hopped on to one of the manhattan bound buses, Prat in tow( this guys deserves a medal for his patience while I incessantly droned on about how manhattan would have it better than brooklyn WRONG..) downtown resembled a war struck zone – bereft of people, power and shuttered to the nines but for patrol cars! Meanwhile uptown, starbucks was packed! Prat suggested we walk around town and travel all night on the buses instead of going back ..best decision ever!:) Btw puffers don’t look good but who cares when they keep you snug :P( ok randomness)6. “POWER IS BACK” FRIDAY I wasn’t too optimistic about power getting back on friday and the last thing I wanted was to go back to a dark house but I willed myself to return and yaaayyyyy the power and any semblance of a normal life was back! I was elated and spent the entire weekend getting all the packaged junk I had ingested out of my system, watching endless tv and snuggling under the covers!
In hindsight, a few days without power was probably nothing compared to those who lost their homes but nevertheless a sticky situation like this always reminds us how precarious our lives really are! Savor every moment you get! 😀
The best things in life are the ones that are out of the blue, they thoroughly surprise you and in hindsight make you feel a smug sense of achievement. 😀 I was nominated for 2 of the same awards within a week – I’ve finally managed to get my jaw off the floor and do the post ;). Let me start out by thanking these lovely ladies, Shelley from silkandspicegirl and Lara from tartarsandteacups for their gesture. When owners of such wonderful blogs nominate you, it does make you feel awfully special (Wipes a tear)
Ok before I digress, here are the rules of the award.
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you. Hello again Shelley and Lara 🙂
- Paste the award image anywhere on your blog. Six times, you see I do take the rules seriously 😉
- Tell us 7 facts about yourself (this has got to be fun)
1. I suspect myself of having attention deficit disorder and my boyfriend strongly seconds it. Btw are you guys following the olympics? what’s the weather like there? its really hot out here in nyc… oh I had this most amazing taco yesterday….. errr… see what I am saying? 😉
2. In my free time I secretly practice writing with my left hand despite being right handed. Yes I consider ambidexterity a super power and I am working on it 😉3. I am going through a “sci fi/ alien movies only” phase now. I just finished religiously watching the alien series back to back.( Much to everyone’s annoyance!)4. I consciously counted yesterday and I might just be eating 8 times a day… whoa that’s a lot! Oh did I tell you I used to weigh close to 200 pounds not so long ago 😛5. I used to have the most terrible dress sense when I was younger, so much so that my folks still rib me about ending up in the fashion industry. The proof of all the fashion sacrilege is safely locked up, away from prying eyes :P)
- Nominate 15 other bloggers you like for the award!( In no specific order)
ilovegreeninspiration – Great content, great photos
photosbotos – Stunning photography
Yasmincruz – simple and chic personal stYle
astimegoesbuy – Love her enthusiasm and thought process
sadianddasie – images speak volumes
BeibeiWu – impeccable fashion taste
nonfashionista – Love her approach and she does giveaways too 🙂
whatwelikenyc – Your one stop source to all things NYC
charmingtrinity – Daily dose of inspiration… for everyone
fashionbycajus – Celebrity street style is your thing? Look no further
clotildajamcracker – you can’t help but be entertained and great artwork
missayoadele – Wide range of topics, great images and I try to brush up my french 🙂
Justinawei – Her tutorials are just wonderful
bradstanton – I go to his blog every time I need some motivation which is everyday
hisfashionblog – He makes mens fashion super interesting even for women 😉
- Post a comment on your nominees’ blogs telling them of their nomination! Done deal. Thanks once again to everyone who’s been reading and supporting my little blog dream 😀 Have a wonderful day/night!
Now that summer is here, sunnies are out full force… So for those of you’ll wanting to buy some sunglasses, here are some pointers on what is trending:)
1. Oversized & Round: Large shades are pretty much around for most part but now they get an update in fun colors – neons, pastels,ombre and much more 🙂 What’s more the frames are super round and flatter most face shapes(proof below). How perfect would these be on the beach or by the pool?2. Quirky: Now is the time to choose frames that are fun and quirky. Be it a 50’s inspired cat eye, or detailed baroque style, the more unique they are the better.. Perfect for those summer dresses B)Just be sure to pick something that suits your face shape.. and something that makes you smile 😀 I have my eyes on a pair of rayban clubmasters *drool*