I have said it before and I’ll say it again.. NY is frigid! No matter how many layers I wear, my feet still end up cold unless I pull on my beat up faux fur lined boots, which are just perfecttt to wear to the …. mmm grocery store? 😛 I needed a pair of boots that kept me warm while being versatile enough to wear in public! Several weeks of religious browsing and window shopping yielded the prize! I found a pair that was a rich brown, fit my feet/wallet and was just right for my height( or lack thereof :P) ! Maybe that’s why I look so happy?? 😉
You’ll must have seen this coming considering I was waxing eloquent on the virtues of mustard last week! Now this is what I would call my ” Too proud to step out in pajamas, but lazy enough to not make too much of an effort” look. Just throw on a tank, a pair of beat up jeans, and a cardigan which is actually a baby blanket with sleeves 😛 Exactly what a wednesday morning needs 😉 Happy “2 days until friday” day
Yaay it’s a monday * fake cheer tone* 😛 I slept through the whole subway ride to work so you know how I really feel 😉 Anyway here’s what last week looked like! Also please pardon me for being so lazy and not posting, I am going to try harder 🙂
1. I lovvvee lychees and have been eating them by the pound..thanks to some great deals at my local asian grocery 😀 2. It’s cardigan weather already! When was summer again? 😛3. Perfect weather to hang at brighton beach without worrying about being fried to a crisp 😀4. Made pal payasam( a indian style rice pudding). I may or may not have licked the pan clean 😛 5. Thought this day would never come, but finally I managed to ruin the soles of my old pair of sneakers and bought this new grey and mint kicks 🙂Have a fantastic day and lets try to grow where we are planted 🙂
Buying a denim shirt is the best thing you can do for your wardrobe and yourself. Ask me how! A classic washed denim shirt is almost as good as your favorite neutral tee/tank. I love how it pairs with literally anything and can effortlessly shoulder the mammoth responsibility of looking good with most colors/patterns. You can do casual – (I wore mine with a pair of ikat printed jeans and an easy cardigan) or dress it up with a fancy skirt,chunky jewelry and sky high heels. And let me warn you once you find your fav shirt, you are bound to wear it all year long… just like me 🙂
In an act of sheer courage and selflessness(as if) I am now going to let you have peeks at my ill equipped wardrobe! So please warmly welcome my new section CLOSET DIARIES – considering the size of my matchbox wardrobe, the longevity of this section is questionable but stop me if you can 😛 Talking about minuscule closets and even smaller budgets, as much as I’d like to buy every piece of clothing in sight, the sad reality is I’d rather invest in pieces that I can pair with as many ensembles as possible. So in my first edition of this “self – proclaimed” genius idea I share with you what I think should be a ‘Maybe – have’ list of sweaters 🙂 ( you’ll still need them through spring) (Disclaimer:Not all of them are pictured below)
1. The EVERYDAYERSs: The no frill pieces, the warm comfortable basics,the ones you automatically reach out for to pair with everything – V neck/scoop neck/cardigans in a neutral palette of grey, black,navy, ecru and khaki. Start collecting here. 🙂
2. The “I LOVE ME SOME COLOR TODAY”ers: I have a few colored cable knit sweaters which I like to wear when I am tired of looking washed out. Kelly green, red, yellow, and oxblood have been my go-tos this season.
3. The PATTERN LOVER : Patterned sweaters are a new-found love for me. Polka dots, fair isle patterns and stripes are great fun additions to your collection. I also like them a tad oversized.
4. The ” SPECIAL SOMETHINGS”: These are the truly trend driven pieces – My pearl sweater, the peach cardigan with chiffon panels,foil printed chunkies, cable knit sweaters with leather sleeves and crochet insets….. these are pieces I wear occasionally but the ones I truly debate on whether or not to buy 🙂
Are you a sweater junkie like I am? Which ones are your favorite? 😀
Okaaay my titles are on a trip lately but that’s beside the point now:) You know that feeling when you pick out a piece with horizontal stripes that looks simply divine on the hanger, on the mannequin and even your catty co-worker but when you try it on, you just want to kick the mirror in frustration? No? I hate you then 😛 The rest of you nodding in affirmation can feel my pain. I have religiously stayed away from wide bold stripes that run across my body no matter how appealing they look! But I decided to step out of my comfort zone to try and wear stark stripes when they came in the form of this super soft drapey cardigan. The pattern actually looks diagonal(read: flattering) when you wear them, which can be a win-win for stripe wary folks. Who’s with me on this? 🙂
PS: Thou shalt not be fooled by me pretending to casually pose like it were a pleasant fall day. I only gave my coat a breather for about 20 secs 🙂 Oh and HAPPY WEEKEND 😀
Fashion has always endorsed an ideal( read: ridiculously thin) size… but thankfully, along comes an item of clothing that looks best when it’s slightly over sized! Be it a chunky pullover, or a textured angora sweater, oversize is the size to be 😉 And for those of you who think this looks best on modelesque proportions, think again. I wore an oversized pullover I err.. borrowed from my boyfriend and got so many compliments that I decided to never return it back to him.. ever! 😛 Here’s some inspiration! 🙂