Blaximize is defined as a state of mind when you look in your closet and can find nothing to wear, so end up reaching for the first black thing you find which happens to be a maxi dress and you think ‘Thats not too bad’ and make the most of it 😛 Okay I totally made that up, but that should give you an idea of how I function in December! Happy Thursday folks! 😀
I am quite convinced mondays are punishment for the fun we’ve had over the weekends… bah! But anyways I am hoping this week goes by quickly. Meanwhile here are my top5 for the week that went by! 😀
1. A trip to dover street market that houses a bunch of eclectic decor and even more eclectic clothes! A must visit for every comme de garcon fan 😀
2. Dug into a tabouleh salad at Nanoosh.
3. I clearly went overboard during a bath and body works sale! 😛
4. Maxi dress time.. except I need to have a parka and a sweater depending on when it decides to get windy 😉
5. I finally caved in and bought a set of real techniques brushes in lieu of using my fingers. I already feel like a make up expert ( lol) ;D
Have a fabulous week ahead! Remember it might not be easy but it will be worth it 😉
Sure chevrons can be a little tricky (I feel you!)but they are certainly not impossible to pull off. They intimidated me for the longest time before I found ways to get the better of them. Here are some cues!
1. Let the chevron piece be the focus of the outfit. Keep the rest simple unless of course you belong to the Missoni family.2. Feel free to pop black and white chevrons with colored pieces. Look at these ladies..
3. Multi colored chevrons are certainly not for the faint hearted but they work well with neutrals and almost have a tribal vibe which I love.4. A patterend knit top or a maxi dress are safe bets that can be dressed up or down.5. Tonal chevrons are super feminine and are easier to mix and match. 6. A bold chevron bag/clutch is an immediate way to add some interest to your outfit.7. And of course chevron nails are a no brainer 🙂