Come summer and tadaaa… prints & preethi are inseparable! While pairing prints, brights and everything in between is an acceptable way of life for me, there are some days when I like to pare it down and let the print be the star of my outfit – which is exactly what I did with these navy printed wide legged shorts! I chose a silk shirt in the same tone of my skorts and monochromed my way into zeee worlddddd!! Okay writing a post in the middle of a sugar rush is not the best idea but the eve of a three day weekend deserves from rose gelato. 😛 I wish all my readers in the USA a happy fourth, and to the rest of the world – the weekend’s coming! 🙂
Who wants to go on a vacation? Me me me.. Who can’t go on vacation because she has to work? me me me again!:P So well the least I can do is to turn up at work dressed like I am on a tropical island sipping on some lemonade and lounging by the beach;) I am hoping they take a hint and send me off on a looong holday! A girl can wish can’t she?:P Happy day!
While there’s so much talk about the clothes everyone wore at the NYFW – on and off the runway, it would just be plain cruel to not discuss all the gorgeous shoes! Here are some of my favorite knockout kicks that I wish I had in my closet! sigh.. 🙂 (And these are only from the street.. For the ones on the runway I’ll have to do a full post entirely.)
A floral bouquet at your feet…And whoever said brown and black dont go together was.. wrong! 😉Graphic all the way… Well heeled 😉 My tongue is all tied up looking at this one !Wedge sneakers .. whats not to loveBling bling bling..Color blocking is always funPlush velvet loafers..Studded…
Being a land so rich in textiles, it’s time I wrote about some of the dyeing techniques that are indigenous to India but nevertheless well known globally. :)Ikat is a term that you surely have heard before, if not familiar with. Well you haven’t…? Here’s your trivia:D
1. Ikat is a dyeing technique where the individual yarns are dyed in a specific pattern and then woven together to form a stunning final visual. Since it’s the yarns that are dyed and not the fabric itself, the output is usually characterized by a slightly fuzzy edges which makes each piece unique.2. Though the origins of this textile have been traced to South America and parts of Asia, it’s tough to pinpoint the definite source but nevertheless, today India, Indonesia, Japan,Guatemala,parts of Ecuador make these lovely fabrics.3. During older times, Ikat was given away by the royalty as gifts and was a symbol of wealth. 4. Since the process of making this textile is so complicated and involves painstaking detail, printing the pattern has been the easy way out, but it is quite safe to say the differences are like chalk and cheese 😀5. Ikats are mostly made in cotton and silk and can dress your homes as well as you 😀Do you own any Ikat prints?:)
Throw in a great sense of style, a fabulous wardrobe, looks that befit a model, and a great style blog and that’s Hanneli in a nutshell. 🙂 The most interesting thing about her – she doesn’t have a specific look that defines her, girly one moment and grungy the next, Hanneli choose wearable pieces and does her little take on it. What’s more she is as comfortable in front of the camera as behind it. Check out her blog and you’ll know what I am saying 😀
When I say miss Duma can make any woman envious of her wardrobe,I mean any… Formerly a Harper’s Bazaar (Russia) editor, currently a freelance writer and permanent fixture on most style blogs, Duma has a fashion sense that can be described as versatile, fun and impeccable. See what I mean?
Ethnic influences are fashion’s new found love, with designer brands like Burberry,Donna Karan and others showing “tribal” inspired collections for spring. And what’s more interesting is the way New Yorkers are embracing their roots and putting their own spin on it! Here’s my attempt at translating what I saw on the streets 🙂
Everyone from designer labels to high street is embracing the printed pant! Obviously you should too! Here are 5 reasons why you should snag a pair on your next shopping trip!
1. They scream spring like no other
2. They are available in so many variations – cropped, small print, big print, checks, polka dots,animal, floral …. wide leg, skinny.. am stopping here. My point here is no matter what your body type, there’s a pant out there waiting to flatter you!
3. They are versatile(really!) can be dressed up or down.
5. Cos I said so!(kidding) But they really can lighten your mood and even get you through a dreary Monday(worked for me)! 😉
Common now be brave 🙂