Remind me to wear more black as it make me look like I went on a week long cleanse 😛 No wonder New Yorkers love their black. Anyway given that I was wearing a faded grey, slighly baggy tee and black pants with very neutral shoes, what do you think was the saving grace for the outfit? My red lips of course! Am kidding… the blingly silver neck piece obviously and yes the red lip too 😛 More on the virtues of the statement neck piece to follow… until then happy thursday! 😀
Once upon a time I was a not-so young girl who fooled myself into thinking that applying a coat of lipstick unto my lips would cause me to look like a vamp/too grown up/too attention seeking. 😛 Cut to the present( Merely an 8 months later) and you have yourselves a lippie aficionado 🙂 ( I still refuse to try a blush/ foundation/insert other cosmetic product here) I picked out my first lipstick to wear to my graduation ceremony – I was near broke and walked into the nearest CVS, bought the first red I liked and the rest( As I’d like to dramatically put it) is history:D I have given into the temptation of buying an occasional(budget permitting) MAC and NARS but I still love my drugstore lispticks to death:D I have since bought most of my lipsticks based on user reviews; there will always be hits and misses but be assured that these 6 picks are intended to help a novice and slightly broke lipstick lover stay covered. In case you are wondering about complexion issues, I have friends(ethnically diverse if you will) who use these too and it looks good on almost all of them:) So here is <drumroll> the list( Please overlook the terrible lighting:))
1. Revlon Spicy Cinnamon – A fall favorite matte lipstick that’s perfect for the evening
2. Rimmel Kiss of Life – A bluish matte red that stays put.. forever!!
5. Revlon Peach – Fools people into thinking you have no lipstick on at all except your lips look ammaazzingg!:)
6. Maybelline Coral Crush – A pinkish coral which will be your spring go-to item.Remember whatever you wear, wear it with confidence..:D Also I am always on the lookout for newer shades to try so won’t you please feel free to suggest your favorites? 🙂
Ever since I discovered my love for lipsticks(which is quite recently), I have been a faithful red lip lover. The pinks, peaches, and wines in my lipstick collection stand no chance against the go-to reds! And thanks to Non from Nonfashionista, my “orange flip” and “ravish me red” have serious competition! 😀 (I won her rimmel lipstick giveaway a few weeks ago, and a darling that she is, she sent it across to me along with a sweet little handwritten note!Thank you :)) Here’s what I love about this one- Kiss of life from the kate moss collection –
1. This is my first red with a slight blue tone to it. I usually use ones with a little bit of orange in them owing to the warm undertones in my skin! But I was pleasantly surprised at how it brightened my face( and teeth :P)
2. It is Matt! Nuf said. Matt and creamy .. End of argument! 🙂
3. The lipstick is mildly scented; nothing too OTT.4. It wears really well and even after a long day and several mugs of coffee, the color becomes an appealing reddish pink stain. Win!If you are thinking of a classic shade of red, your search ends here!! 😀
Hey everyone! There was a time when I used to dread mondays…. hated getting back to a schedule after 2 days of bliss.. but these days I actually wait for monday, and look forward to having something to do.. apart from chores! 😉 Here’s what I did through my week.
3. Watched the finale of project runway. Though Dmitry’s victory was well deserved, I still liked Fabio’s stuff better.
4. My love for red lips is well documented. I read this great article on refinery.com and if you haven’t figured out your best red… here you go
We have been seeing each other for the last 1.5 years and its been a rollercoaster ride.. you’ve kept me up several nights, made me curse and cry, and also given me several moments to cherish.. hopefully, I took enough away from our time together to land a job and make a decent living 😛 Now its time we part… you shall be missed, but thankfully I’ll now have a life 🙂 Woohoooo.. I graduated 😀
I usually never post about my personal style or outfits, simply because it may not be interesting enough, but the epicness( I conveniently made that up :P)of today’s event made me want to share my grad garb… So here it is… 🙂