Phew… Last season was all about the high low(ask pinterest)! Though I see people still wear it a lot.. I do think it’s at the fag end of it’s popularity! So am trying to wear all my highlow pieces as often as I can before it’s time to snip off the hem and make them all regular skirts! 😛 But you do have to admit, they photograph really well and yes they also seem to flatter your legs!:)
However much I love polka, let’s take a breather from the challenge and do a little blurb on trends…. I am pleased to announce that all my cartoon tees and printed comic-strip goodies that I had deemed unacceptable to be seen in public as an adult can now be happily worn outside 😛There is an influx of these pop art inspired graphic pieces everywhere – from the runway to the H&M down the road. The key to this look would probably be to keep the rest of your outfit polished considering the comic piece lends enough playfulness to your outfit. Or if you are anything like me.. Just keep everything casual and get mistaken for a college kid! 😛 Which brings us to the question… Is this a trend-to-try? 🙂
Make way for the new kid on the block folks! Please join me in welcoming “trend-to-try” thursdays( because who doesn’t LURRRVEEEE trends!) 😛 which follows on the heels of it’s moderately successful cousin Hi5 Mondays!:) Anyhow I kick start this series with my current obsession – printed pants! I know I have excessively raved about them in the recent past..but I promise you this will be the last time.. it’s just that they are so easy and comfy 😉 Which brings me to the question- Is this a trend you will try?
You probably live under a rock if you haven’t yet noticed the influx of printed pants:P Okay I exaggerate but you know that’s how I roll:) When the outdoors feel like an oven, wearing a pair of jeans/ pants is just short of self- immolation 😉 And yes technically I could live in dresses and shorts but Ahem…waxing is one of my least favorite things ever! So that’s where these come in. Made of light weight chiffon/ silk/ whatever else your budget may allow, they are drapey, light weight and have this “loungey” feel about them that I love! Infact I liked them so much I may have bought one too many pairs more than what is considered normal 😛 Happy friday folks
Finally a trend that fits my wallet, my lifestyle and my feet 😀 I totally am in love with pointed toes! I may or may not own over 3 versions of these 😛 simply because they look so elegant and pair like a dream with literally everything. Please tell me you guys are feeling this trend as much as I do? 🙂
It’s friday and that is great news in itself, however I do have some extra special news to share with you guys;) Ever since I moved to NYC 2 years ago, I admit that I have been so out of touch with what is happening in India, the fashion scene in particular( shameful I know) So imagine my delight when I chanced upon a wonderful opportunity to guest blog for http://fashion.getit.in/ a one stop for Indian fashion! Infact am glad they approached me, as it gives me the perfect excuse to dust off the cobwebs 😉
Not to sound like a sell out, but here’s why you might want to check them out.
- Their website is well curated and covers a wide array of topics from fashion shows & latest trends to red carpet and bridal fashion. And yes there’s a cool blog too.
- It doesn’t stop with just giving you the latest scoop on what’s trending but also let’s you buy those trends right off their website. Seriously!
- Indian cinema lovers and celeb gawkers who enjoy “get the look for less” are in luck as fashiongetit tells you how to do just that.
- I know I said this but let me say it again, their online store is great. I mean it’s unfair I wasn’t aware of this whilst I was there, but the least I can do is spread the word. Here are some of my picks from the site 😀 But honestly I want all of the shoes 😉
- Lastly, all of you have been very supportive of my little blog and I am hoping that you also extend your wishes to this little pet venture of mine and enjoy what I blog for fashion.getit.com too
Wish me luck and have a wonderful weekend! 😀
Spring and summer brought with it an emphasis on the collar- from cutesy peter pans to delicate lace collars and it looks like the collar obsession will well continue into fall. I was at Zara yesterday and saw tonnes of blouses embellished with metal details – studs spikes and shiny hardware that gave the plainest shirt a new breath of life! Metallics are one of the hottest trends for fall, and a studded collar might just be a piece to snag if you haven’t already! 🙂 Stuck with one too many plain blouses with a smart collar? You can always repurpose one of your old blouses with this DIY. Have fun with it
When the transparent bags first burst on the scene, I decided not to fall prey to its seemingly tacky charms, but today when I saw a woman on Soho carrying one of those “see through” satchels, I couldn’t get myself to look away… I am thinking of giving it a second chance, but the fact that the typical contents of my bag range from tissues to little pouches of ketchup(seriously) makes me want to ditch the idea entirely! So how many of you have tried the “bare” it all bag and what are your thoughts?
I know I am a little late on this one but nevertheless…:) The varsity jacket first made it’s appearance last fall on the runway. It’s still around, probably with all the sport influences the Olympics is passing on to the fashion world 🙂 I love the skinnier version for women, it can immediately dress down any outfit and make you look super chic without trying too hard. And here’s proof that it can be worn in so many different ways! So now you might just want to consider buying your own and not steal your boyfriend’s. (Guilty as charged):P
Hey everyone! 🙂 Missed me? I had to go to Ohio for an interview and hence the disappearing act! Now am back in New York with yet another trend update! And this time it’s the cropped top! No no don’t hit the back button just yet! 😉 Crop tops are definitely not for everyone. That being said there are ways to make it flattering. Irrespective of my sweet tooth and weak determination to work out, I am going to give it a try. In case you are too, here some great pointers to crop it:)
note: If you own a beach body, simple gawk at the pictures below and skip the rest of the post 😛
1. Most important rule, if you choose a baggy crop, pair it with a fitted bottom and vice versa to avoid looking like a paper bag 😛2.If you are not too comfortable baring your midriff, pick a high waisted skirt/ pant/ shorts with your crop top! That ways you’ll be creating a defined waistline and showing minimum skin.3. Average body type? No worries……LAYER LAYER LAYER! ! So now you don’t have to just stop with eyeing these cute pieces but can actually own them! 🙂