What’s a blue series without some stripes!? Incomplete. ;) So here’s a white and blue striped oversized blouse which I should not have paired with a skirt that currently needs a belt to stay at my waist but I did anyway BECAUSE THEY HAVE POCKETS!! ( The struggle is real people) I broke it up with a turq neck piece and tan accessories,a VERY orange lip and of course a vivid background to make up for a bordering-on-blah outfit! Happy wednesday!! :)
Today was a drearier than usual monday for me! Scientist,teacher, former president of India and all time favorite human being, Dr Kalaam is no more. While I (and most Indians/ world citizens) mourn his demise, at least I take solace in the fact that I was part of an era where he lived and inspired millions of youngsters to chase their dreams! So on a bittersweet note, I shall distract myself thinking about some stuff I did over last week before the onion cutting ninjas get to me :|
1. Looking for a quick side? Brussel sprouts pan seared with some garlic and parmesan! Yumm 2. I bought these funky mirrored shades to make it even more obvious that I am taking a selfie :P 3. Just put down this book! Great read :) 4. Had a little road trip outside NY over the weekend and we stopped here for some pressed juice! Loved the kitschy interiors :)5. Last week I coaxed my chains into obedience, and this week I used a stationary organizer to keep my other baubles in some semblance of order! I hope all you have a wonderful week and I’ll fittingly wrap it up with a quote from Dr. Kalaam -“Those who cannot work with their hearts achieve but a hollow, half-hearted success that breeds bitterness all around.”
I am not entirely sure how many posts my blue obsession is going to take up( probably as many blue clothes as I own:P) but please cheer me from the sidelines until I get over this phase :D In today’s post,my W____I____DE legged palazzo pants shall take center stage! Who ever came up with these needs a medal for making this so utterly comfortable and also a good talking down for creating a terribly unflattering silhouette especially if you choose to skip your wedges (which I totally did)!:P I paired it with a white tee (aka bane of my laundering existence) and some silver jewelry! Bonus: I had fun pretending I was wearing a maxi skirt with pockets:D Now if that doesn’t convince you to buy a pair I don’t know what will ;) Namaste!! :P
I had a surprisingly good monday if you discount the sweltering heat and the failed air conditioning in my office! :) Weekend wasn’t half bad either. Here are my high lights from last week.
1. A quick potato water cress roast for the lunch box! 2. A tangle mess of chains are not fun for anyone to deal with much less when you are trying to make it to the morning train! DIY Tadaaa! :)3. Look what I found.. :D4. Watched Antman and I had a few good laughs! ;)5. A lovely middle eastern meal at taboonette Have a fabulous week. Slather on the SPF and sip on some good ol’ lemon water:)
How hard is my life when I look in my closet and all I see is blue… different hues of aqua, powder, navy, bright blue… as tees, as skirts as cardigans and dresses!? Not hard at all considering how easy it is to make outfit combos with blue. :D And thus I begin this series as a continuation from my post two weeks ago. Presenting a no-brainer combo of navy white and grey with a slit thrown in for good measure :P Nothing like some air circulation on a hot afternoon ;) Have a wonderful thursday!
I am greeting you guys in tamil(my first language) in part because I have been doing a lot of things that remind me of home (eating dosas, watching movies, and what not) :P but also because I am plain homesick. Add monday mornings to the mix and that is the perfect recipe for furrowed brows and clenched jaws :P Nothing that some old fashioned whining and candy eating can’t remedy! ;) Here’s my top 5 from last week.
1. Made some basil spinach fettuccine with parmesan! Leftovers for the lunchbox today :) 2. The legendary toy store FAO Schwarz is closing their doors this month and that warranted one last visit to buy overpriced bags of candy, and photos of with life sized stuffed penguins and lego batman! :) 3. Here is the best looking version of me as per my mom. ;) 4. How have I not known of this UD lip primer considering I own 6 shades of red?? Anyway better later than never :D5. Watched a tamil movie in a theatre after a good while and thoroughly enjoyed it. Like I said time to take a holiday!! :) Brace yourselves for a wonderful week ahead! :D
I am all for unleashing your inner animal ( whatever that is supposed to mean :P) That said I usually limit my animal print to bags & shoes – but when I saw this billowy leopard print top in a powder blue, let’s just say I made an exception. I paired it with a fitted mini and kept the rest of my outfit black with a touch of gold for a night around town! And a cat eye of course :P RAWRR!
How is the monday treating you so far? It’s funny how I want a holiday after a three day weekend but that could totally be the lack of breakfast talking :P I had a wonderful time doing what I do best – eating, lazing around, and eating some more :P Here’s my Hi5 from last week
1. Hiking on bear mountain!!! Who knew there were such scenic places so close to the city. Highly recommend. 2. Strawberry Almond concrete with blondie pieces from shakeshack!!! See you in heaven :P 3. I was wondering if I should paint my nails a tangerine or a hot pink and then decided why not both? ;) 4. Caught a show at comedy cellar! I cannot tell you how much fun this was! :) 5. Made some protein patties with granulated soy and veggies! Stay full my friends! :) Have a crazy week ahead and I mean the good kind of crazy!:D
Come summer and tadaaa… prints & preethi are inseparable! While pairing prints, brights and everything in between is an acceptable way of life for me, there are some days when I like to pare it down and let the print be the star of my outfit – which is exactly what I did with these navy printed wide legged shorts! I chose a silk shirt in the same tone of my skorts and monochromed my way into zeee worlddddd!! Okay writing a post in the middle of a sugar rush is not the best idea but the eve of a three day weekend deserves from rose gelato. :P I wish all my readers in the USA a happy fourth, and to the rest of the world – the weekend’s coming! :)
Hi Hello Howdy!
Honestly mondays should be optional but since that is NEVER going to happen, we shall make smiling through the day compulsory! :D At least us folks in the USA will have a long weekend so that’s something? ;) Here’s my high Five from last week :)
1. Made some home made pound cake to have with my non existent coffee 2. Look who I saw on the way to work! 3. Just finished reading this book by Junot Diaz!! I struggled with trying to understand the spanish but that’s what google translate is for :P 4. A quick trip to Florida… on work! Trust me one day it shall be for leisure only!! 5. Hands down the best taco salad I have eaten thus far.. please head to Tacquitos Mexico for your fill! Have a fabulous week ahead. BE HAPPY AND SMILE!