I have been going on and on about the virtues of white over my last few posts. But to reiterate – My wardrobe-villain-turned-best friend is all that I wear now, thanks to the Houston heat! :) Here’s a post featuring an oversized white crochet sleeved tee, paired with dark jeans and my favorite birthday present😀 Stay cool, Stay silly!😀
Obviously it was a happy monday for me Pretty sure Ill start the whining tomorrow😛 Here’s what my week looked like!
- Caught up with my brother after 6 months! A long weekend was just what we needed. 2. Took a day trip to Galveston. It was sweltering but totally worth it :) 3. Started swimming to help with my knee. The last time I did it was 10 and I remember sucking less :P 4. The husband played chef and made Biryani. I could get used to this. :P 5. Finally watched conjuring 2. This was taken before the movie began;You can imagine what I looked like after :P Have a fantastic week ahead. Think Less Live More!!😀
Its that time of the year for sunscreen, facial tissues and rivulets of sweat running down places they shouldn’t be. Which is precisely why its time for all things white and nothing tight.😛 In the below slides, you see the specimen trying to stay hydrated, not burn to a crisp and look presentable on camera … AND FAILING! But I will be practicing again this weekend ;) Have a wonderful friday and folks in america; make the most of the extra holiday!😀
Prat and I managed a coup of sorts when we matched our “holiday” schedules at our respective jobs and managed to take off to New Orleans( WE’VE BEEN WANTING TO GO FOREVER) on a mini holiday last week!😀 We winged the whole trip (courtesy: google) – In fact, we didn’t even have hotel reservations until we actually needed to find a place to sleep :P… ….sometimes impulsive decisions are the best decisions!! Here’s my top 5 from the big easy vacation :)
1.THE ARCHITECTURE & HISTORY – You can spend hours in the french quarter looking at houses and wondering how each one looks so unique. Totally charming and the best part – you can walk everywhere! ( If you dont pass out from the heat) 2. FOOD – As vegetarians, I thought we’d hit a wall here but I was wrong. From vegetarian gumbo,jambalaya, to po boys, beignets and tofu dogs, we ate some of the best food here. I would recommend Seed, El Gato Negro, Jimmy Js and a customary visit to Cafe Du Monde!3. MUSIC, THE FESTIVITIES THE SPIRIT! Every bar on frenchman street plays great jazz and there are musicians/artists on most corners of the french quarter! The trees along the streets are choc full of Mardi Gras beads from all the million parades that happen every year! 4. THE GATORS. A swamp tour to see these guys up close is just what we needed! 5. Finally, In the true spirit of Mardi Gras, I will leave you’ll with this! :P Have a wonderful week everyone!😀
Just when you thought I was gone for good, I rise again from the ashes of my laziness!😉 Honestly though, I had a knee injury from being over enthusiastic at my cross fit class and that kind of knocked me out of my regular routine. Also having a brace on somehow does not make for very good pictures!😛 So after a long break… Here’s a post of me doing Greyyyyt! I PROMISE TO WRITE MORE!
As much as I love tailored stuff, balmy summers call for a light weight over sized shirt. I admit that I shop the mens section more than I shouldB:P The shirts hit the right length and provide the appropriate amount of “shapelessness” :)If I cannot do that I simply allow myself to rummage through the husband’s closet and pull out a shirt like this one….A powder blue shirt paired with denim and some heels to dress it up. Not too shabby huh? :D
Today is a multiple cups of coffee kind of a day for me😛 A great way to get through today would be to look back on some fun things I did the last week. So lets Hi5 away!!
- What happens when your fridge has some diary products close to their expiry date? You whip up a corn au gratin! 2. Potted these for Prat’s office desk3. Test riding a bike and looking like a mini – human while at it :P 4. Batman Vs Superman – best thing about the movie? Gal Gadot! 5. Ethiopian food at Addis Ababa! Eating with your hands just makes it so much better :) Have a wonderful week ahead. THIS TOO SHALL PASS😀
I was so waiting for monday ……said nobody ever!😛 To celebrate this sentiment, I thought I could make a “captain obvious” post about how I feel…. like a ZOMBIE!! :P The key to wearing a pullover that is two size too big for you, is to make sure you wear something a lot more fitted underneath.(especially if you choose to accessorize with under eye bags and a groggy face :P) Add in some sheer mesh paneling and you actually look a little more “with it” than you feel! FAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE IT PEOPLE Enjoy the week ahead!
Spring is here( and so is pollen) !😀 We spent yesterday deep cleaning the house and rewarding ourselves with some much-needed take out In other matters, since I post once a week, I decided that not all of it has to be Hi5 Mondays.. so we’ll have Hi5 Mondays every other week interspersed with a style / other post so all of us are entertained enough😛 If you want to see anything else, please let me know in the comments. Onto the week that went by
- Egg drop soup for those chilly evenings( yes believe me when I say it does get chilly sometimes here :P)
- Practicing my hair styling skills on the husband! Soon Ill be trying crazy braids B)
- Now that we have out door furnitrue, good weather means taking your work outdoors and making the most of it😀
- Who buys a bar cart when they haven’t bought a couch or a table yet? The P family – purveyor of stuff that looks fine but not really necessary :P
- Anyone else doing the whole spring cleaning thing in their free time instead of watching tv and chilling might find this list helpfulHave a wonderful week ahead. Breathe
Hope all of your survived your monday, got done with your tuesday, chop – chop-ed your wednesday and breezed through today. An ear infection has been messing with my blogging but I decided I shall not be deterred this week. Here’s my Hi5 from the previous one😀
- Prat sent me a recipe for sweet paratha stuffed with almonds, brown sugar and cinnamon. Talk about subtle hints and I managed to get them right the first time😀
- Got around to semi – arranging the pantry. MORE SPACE.. MORE FOOD!3. This happened! :P 4. My newest found pass time. Doodling on the sketches app on my ipad. It is such a great way to unwind :D 5. Had this amazing grilled paneer bowl at Pirees. So satiating! One more day until we get to do nothing! MAKE THE MOST OF IT