When a little black dress is too mainstream, this is what you need – black, sleek and all legs😀 A flattering jumpsuit was an oxymoron until I met this one. Just add some XL sized fringe earrings, swipe on some nars jungle red …. the night is young! ( Let’s not think about the fact that it is a monday alright!)😀
I spent most of our previous week in New York on my feet, enjoying the amazing weather while working, imagine that😛 ! After having lived there for over 4 years it was weird being a one of the million tourists jostling along the side walk but hey no complaints!🙂 Here’s my top 5 from NYC!
- Was fun recreating my old NY 150 sq ft living situation by staying at this pod at Yotel, but in Manhattan so I guess I traded up ? :P 2. Hanging out at the beach like good ol’ times!😀 We also went back to the brooklyn bridge and a bunch of other places around the city! 3. Went to a jazz performance at Smalls! Highly recommended! 4. There are some places we don’t have around in Houston which we dearly miss and MUJI is one of them! 5. All the foooood – from the halal cart falafels, cheese fries at shake shack, a slice from artichocke, cold vermicelli bowl at Saigon Shack…. I guess I over compensated for all the walking!😀Have a wonderful week!
Been a while since I hi5ed! So this week’s edition is going to be a little all over the place so please bear with me! :) I want to wish all my Indian readers a happy Navarathri. This was one of my favorite times of the year back home – arranging and creating elaborate scenes featuring my favorite dolls and insisting that the string lights be on all day, much to my mom’s annoyance😉
Due to lack of space, dolls and patience I was unable to do this for the last few years but since I don’t have any of the above excuses now I TRIED this time. Next year we will be more prepared with a legit padi as opposed to a bookshelf😛2. Obviously this also means dressing the part!3. Went on a 4 day trip to New York on work for a show at the Javits! How does a place change so much in a few months? You tell me! 4. Took a drive into the natural bridge wildlife ranch. Among other things we took a video of a zebra slobbering all over our car window but obviously you get to see this quite guy instead😀5. Kuzhipaniyarams are so easy to make, provided you have the pan. Now I do!😛Have a wonderful week! Eat well my friends🙂
I found this floral dress on a rack at H&M some place and liked the fact that some designer had thought to put 2 pleats below the waist to accommodate a burrito belly!😛 Its not the most flattering dress per say but the fact that you don’t need to wear spanx or have a salad for lunch makes me really warm up to it! I may have gone a little over board with the earrings but but but YOLO or something?!😀 Happy Fringed Floral Friday Folks!
Three day weekend! You think I’d be refreshed and ready to take on the week… WRONG I am homesick and want to go see my parents but winning the lottery is more likely to happen at this point😛 Here’s how I slayeeeedd the weeek!
- We had an indian festival on monday called ganesh chaturthi and yours truly tried to be ambitious and cook a spread!
- Some Texas drivers apparently serve road rage with a side of douche!
- Best mexican food this side of town at Cafe Chavez!
- Pre halloween meet with the coven! But seriously how is it halloween already?? What did I do this year apart from nothing??
- I put this on everything!!! The beginning and end of surviving the summer. Enjoy whats left of the week and while I enjoy whats left of the cake in the refrigerator :D😛
Wearing yellow makes me look like someone who showers twice a day and has her sh*t together! :P And that is precisely why it is one of my favorite colors. Here’s me looking like a lace cushion that grew some limbs! BUT A VERY HAPPY LACE CUSHION AND THAT’S WHAT MATTERS PEOPLE!🙂 Have a wonderful monday!
I swear it was like friday 10 mins ago! Gah.. and I just got done with monday.. what kind of sorcery is this??? Anyway I thought I’d do a HI5 monday post since its been a while.. and heres what I was up :)
- My mantra – Put chocolate on everything!! Pancakes with a serious tan!😀2. A quick trip to Austin to meet family :D 3. Sci fi – sold, 80s – sold …..Binge watching? Of course! 4. The faces I make when I am served food are the best kind of faces! The Cold platter at Empire Grill brings out the animated best in me :P 5. Curry leaves are such an integral part of south indian cooking but hard to find at the local grocery! So we decided to grow it at home :) Have a wonderful week and may you always do what you are afraid of!😀